Tuesday 7 April 2009

Ethics

Okay, maybe it is just me.

Not only do I think that phoning a colleague to ask for details relating to the date of the (recent) death of another colleague's husband is particularly unethical when the first colleague is somebody with access to a database that might well contain that information but no other reason to know it and the colleague with the recently deceased husband isn't someone the telephoner ever has anything much good to say about, but I also think that asking a colleague to behave unethically is itself acutely unethical.

I'd say something, but I haven't been asked for my opinion (probably because I'm not known for breaches in confidential information) and the only reason I heard the conversation is because it was happening, loudly, less than six feet from me.

I wish I didn't have to share an office with anybody.

Am I oversensitive?


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment